Terms and Conditions
This information relates to use of Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies (HALS) online Heritage Shop and catalogue search website https://archives.hertfordshire.gov.uk which is provided by Orangeleaf Systems Ltd.
The Data Controller for HALS is Hertfordshire County Council (HCC)
Use of personal information
HALS (Hertfordshire County Council) will collect and use the personal information that you give us, to reply to your request, and to provide the goods and services you ask for. This personal information may include name, physical address, email address, and phone number.
Personal information collected through the online Heritage shop and catalogue search website will only be shared with third parties in order to process your order, take payment and provide the goods and services that you have asked for, unless required by law. This information will not be used for marketing.
Customer information (customer name, address, telephone details and email address) is shared with Orangeleaf Systems Ltd (ICO Reg: ZA232852) who process this data to provide the e-store and enable customer orders to be fulfilled by HALS. All data is stored in the UK. All financial transaction information including customer information is processed separately by Hertfordshire County Council’s payment system.
HALS goods and services are supplied by contract according to our terms and conditions, in line with legal requirements and UK law including copyright, data protection, consumer rights and depositor agreements. Details of transactions provide evidence that HALS has provided services in line with these. For this reason, we keep information for a maximum of 7 business years (current year plus 6; our business year runs April to March).
Hertfordshire County Council will be the Data Controller for this information.
You have the following rights in relation to this data:
- You have the right to be informed about what information we hold about you and how we use it.
- You have the right to request copies of any information the Council holds about you by making a subject access request.
- If information we hold about you is factually inaccurate you have the right to have it corrected.
- You have the right to object to the way we are using your data.
- You have the right to request that your data is deleted. However we may be unable to delete your data if there is a need for us to keep it. In this case you will receive an explanation of why we need to keep the data.
- You can also request that we stop using your data while we consider a request to have it corrected or deleted. There may be some circumstances in which we are unable to do this however we will provide an explanation if this is the case.
- In certain circumstances you may also request data we hold about you in a format that allows it to be transferred to another organisation.
- In the event that decisions are taken using automated processes you have the right to request that these decisions are reviewed by a member of staff and to challenge these decisions.
If you would like to request copies of your data, request that your data is deleted or have any other queries in relation to data which the Council holds about you please contact the Data Protection Team.
Data Protection Team
Hertfordshire County Council
Tel: 01992 588099
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the address above.
If you are unhappy with the way that Hertfordshire County Council has used your data or with the way we have responded to a request you also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk .
Cookies and non personal data
We also collect general information on use of the online Heritage Shop and catalogue search website, for example through use of Google Analytics. This helps us understand how customers use our services and we use it to make improvements to our site and services. We may share general information with third parties when reporting on the use of Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies services and collections, but this information will not contain personal information or be linked to individuals.
The following cookies are used:
- _GA, _GAT_UA and _GID are the Google Analytics cookies.
- PHPSESSID is an essential technical cookie (called a session cookie) for running the website used for logins.
- AWSELB is a cookie used for managing the response to customer feedback in the footer of the webste.
- WFVT and WORDFENCE_VERIFIEDHUMAN are essential technical cookies used to help manage the security of our website. No personal information is stored, and these cookies are deleted when you leave our website.
- WOOCOMMERCE_CART_HASH, WOOCOMMERCE_ITEMS_IN_CART and WP_WOOCOMMERCE_SESSION_ are essential session cookies for remembering if you’ve put anything in your shopping basket. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
Supply of products and services
Heritage Shop goods and services are supplied by Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies as outlined in product descriptions which may also contain specific product terms and conditions.
Goods and services are supplied for non- commercial or private use only. Please contact us for trade orders or other commercial use of our services.
For research and information services, please be aware that it is not always possible to find or verify information due to the nature of the records we hold at HALS. Every effort will be made to provide accurate and complete information and advice but Hertfordshire County Council cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions.
Copies of documents (including supply of tithe maps copies) are supplied in line with copyright legislation and by placing your order you must agree to the declaration below.
I DECLARE THAT:
- a) I require the copy for the purposes of non commercial research or private study only and will not supply a copy of it to any other person.
- b) I have not previously been supplied with a copy of the same material by you or any other Archivist or Librarian.
- c) If the material is unpublished – to the best of my knowledge the work had not been published before the material was deposited in Hertfordshire Archives & Local Studies and the copyright owner has not prohibited copying. If the material is published – to the best of my knowledge no other person with whom I work or study has made or intends to make a request for substantially the same material at or about the same time.
- d) to make use of the copy for the purpose of any work that I may publish, in any form, I will approach Hertfordshire Archives & Local Studies as a first step towards obtaining permission to do so and will make due acknowledgement to Hertfordshire Archives & Local Studies in the published work.
I understand that if the declaration is false in a material particular, the copy supplied to me by you will be an infringing copy and shall be liable for infringement of copyright as if I had made the copy myself.
Charges and delivery
Delivery charges cover the cost of postage, packing and handling. For the majority of products, the flat rate delivery charge will apply. However charges may vary with the type of item sold, as well as weight and size.
The postage charge for Tithe map CDs is included in the price. Copies and research sent by email have no postage charge. For books, maps, other CDs and DVDs, conservation supplies or other services, a delivery fee will be charged. The current flat rate delivery charges are:
◦Europe (airmail) £6.50
◦Rest of World (airmail) £10.00
We aim to respond to your request within 10 working days. If we anticipate any delay in response, we will get in touch. Physical items are posted using second class Royal Mail and Parcelforce Worldwide.
If your request is urgent, please contact us with your requirements. For expedited requests, for example, research, copy and certification services, which we endeavour to complete within 24 hours, an additional fee of £36 applies.
Full details of Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies’ charges are available.
We hope that you are happy with all the goods and services that you have purchased through our Heritage Shop. In the unlikely event that an item you have purchased is faulty or not as described, please return it to us within 30 calendar days for a full refund.
You can return items to HALS (during our opening hours); otherwise please send through Royal Mail and obtain proof of posting. In the case of goods that are found to be faulty or not as described we will refund UK second class postage costs.
In addition, for orders with a value of £43 or more, you can cancel your order for books, maps and other Heritage Shop goods within 14 calendar days of receipt in line with Distance Selling legislation. Please email email@example.com if you need to cancel your order.
Following your return of items to us within 14 days of your cancelation notification, we will provide a full refund (including original standard delivery charge) within 14 days, so long as items are undamaged and in saleable condition. You will need to cover the cost of return postage yourself or you can choose to return items to HALS (during our opening hours). Orders for services such as copying, research and certification services, which are provided to your specific order, can be cancelled up until the time they are supplied by email or posted; please contact us as soon as possible for assistance.
All catalogue and page content information are the copyright of Hertfordshire County Council. All images are the copyright of Hertfordshire County Council or used with permission. If you wish to re-use images or information from this website, please make a reproduction rights request.
Changes to terms and conditions
We may change our terms and conditions from time to time. When this happens we will place the updated version on this page. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms and conditions at the time of your purchase for your own records.
You can contact the team at Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies directly by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments, compliments or complaints
An online form is available to make a comment or complaint if you are not satisfied with the service you have received.